Are you an experienced support worker looking for a new challenge that gives you the flexibility to control when you want to work?
You will be working in a beautiful support-living unit that caters for the needs of up to 15 adult residents learning to live with a variety of mental health conditions. The service is located within Ilkeston within walking distance of a variety of local amenities and also boosts good transport links to both Derby and Nottingham.
The service aims to assist the residents in regaining life skills and establishing coping methods with the overall aim of developing the residents to a level of independence where they feel secure with the decision to move back into the community.
Your duties will include:
– Ensure that you are following care plans developed for the specific needs of the service user(s)
– Complete condition reports and document any relevant information
– Helping the service user(s) develop their life skills towards being more independent.
– Conducting some elements of personal care as required.
– Ensuring that the service users are kept safe throughout the day.
– Completing domestic duties as required
– Encourage and engage with the service user(s) to develop life skills
If you have an outgoing personality and the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with the people under your care, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role you must;
– Have referenceable work history
– Hold in-date mandatory training certificates (inc. moving and handling, safeguarding vulnerable adults and infection control)
– Hold an enhanced DBS certificate dated within the past 12 months or registered on the update service.
– Have a minimum of 3 months paid UK work experience working within a care setting.
If you do not have a valid DBS and/or training, do not worry as we can help you with this. We are happy to offer online training available at a subsidised fee and the certificates are yours to keep!
**Please note that we do not offer sponsorships**