Support Workers – Days Services
Our client is currently recruiting experienced Support Workers to work in the New Balderton Area of Newark. You will be required to work Day shifts starting at 0930hrs, Monday to Friday. There is the possibility of extra shifts depending on requirements.
We are looking for experienced Support Workers to assist in the care and support of clients with Learning Difficulties in a Day centre setting. It will be your role to assist the established team of Carers in providing a variety of sessions to promote independence.. You will be attending to their activities of daily living and will be dealing with clients with a wide range of physical and mental disabilities. Dementia care experience would be advantageous also as there are elderly clients attending the centre also. Daily tasks will include:
• Attend to client’s daily hygiene and nutritional needs
• Housekeeping duties
• Observations of client’s conditions and reporting accordingly
• Complying with health and safety at all times
• Completion of paperwork when required.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references