Competitive weekly pay for care assistants to cover various shifts in Heanor, Derby with on-going work opportunities.
The home is divided into small care suites, each one having its own lounge, dining facilities, lifestyle kitchen and care team.
The home takes of individuals with the following challenges, hence previous experience is essential…
Dementia, physical disabilities, challenging behaviours and mental health issues.
The successful candidate will have a kind, proactive yet professional approach. Having a good understanding of dealing with individuals in a personal manner, as well as recognising their dignity and attachment is vital too.
Assisting the residents in the following tasks are the main responsibilities:
– Assisting the residents with their activities of daily living,
– Providing care around their detailed care package.
– Assisting the residents in taking part in a fun, engaging and stimulating social programme.
To apply for this role, you must have the following experience:
• Safeguarding training within 1 year
• Infection Control training within 1 year
• Moving and Handling training within 1 year
• A DBS check for adults services dated within the last 12 months preferably on the update service
• A minimum of 3 months experience in a Health and Social Care environment
QS Care can provide training opportunities for candidates with training that has expired. Additionally, we can arrange a DBS application on behalf of the candidate where the last check was done over 1 year ago and is not on the update service.