Agency Care Assistant needed in Heanor for Days
This position is ongoing.
The rate of pay will be between £8.72 and £9.50 per hour, depending on the
The shift will be 08:00-14:00 or 14:00-20:00 between Monday and Sunday.
Weekly competive pay for Care Assistants looking for on-going work.
We’re seeking flexible weekend workers to provide support in an elderly residential home located in Heanor. The home provides care for elderly residents with Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Challenging Behaviours and Mental Health issues, so previous experience is essential.
The ideal candidate will have the following; professionalism, empathy, positivity and enthusiasm towards making a difference to the lives of the elderly. You should have the ability to work in a person-centred way, understanding the importance of dignity and inclusion.
You will use your knowledge and experience to assist the residents with their activities of daily living, providing care around their detailed care package. The successful applicant must be prepared to deliver personal care of the highest standard to meet individual needs for each resident.
Minimum requirements for Care Assistants are:
• Safeguarding training within 1 year
• Infection Control training within 1 year
• Moving and Handling training within 1 year
• A DBS check for adults services dated within the last 12 months preferably on the update service
• A minimum of 3 months experience in a Health and Social Care environment
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references