Are you looking for competitive pay where you have flexible hours with on-going opportunities? We require care assistants to cover the night shift in Heanor, Derby.
Ongoing flexible weekend work to support an elderly care home in Heanor.
The home prides itself in caring for residents battling Dementia, physical disabilities, challenging behaviours and mental health issues, so previous experience is essential.
The successful candidate will have a friendly, positive yet professional approach towards making a difference to the lives of the elderly. It’s vital that you have a good understanding of dealing with individuals in a personal way, as well as recognising their dignity and attachment.
Assisting the residents in the following tasks are the main responsibilities:
– Assisting the residents with their activities of daily living,
– Providing care around their detailed care package.
The successful applicant must be prepared to deliver personal care of the highest standard to meet individual needs for each resident.
To apply for this role, you must have the following experience:
• Safeguarding training within 1 year
• Infection Control training within 1 year
• Moving and Handling training within 1 year
• A DBS check for adults services dated within the last 12 months preferably on the update service
• A minimum of 3 months experience in a Health and Social Care environment
QS Care can provide training opportunities for candidates with training that has expired. Additionally, we can arrange a DBS application on behalf of the candidate where the last check was done over 1 year ago and is not on the update service.